Thursday, January 05, 2006

I Don't Know Why...

...I like this quote, but I do:

"You taught me to be nice, so nice that now I am so full of niceness, I have no sense of right and wrong, no outrage, no passion." ~Garrison Keillor

First of all, I think there is nothing wrong with being nice. I guess it depends on how you define the word. I think to be nice, you definitely need to know the difference between right and wrong. If you are doing something wrong, you aren't being very nice, but, maybe you are doing something wrong very nicely....

But then again, I can see how if you are too nice you lack outrage and passion.
Hopefully, being nice gives you a better perspective on what to be outraged about, and helps you enjoy what you are passionate about.

How about this quote from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. :

"We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right."

Now that's nice....

No comments: