Saturday, March 18, 2006

Pachyderms on Parade



I enjoy living in close proximity to the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds.

On any given weekend, you can tell what event is going on, just by driving on Arrow Highway and checking out the vehicles sharing the road with you. Some days it's classic cars or other days it's the drag races. Today, it was beautiful, custom gigantic motor homes.

They were in single file in the slow lane, one after another, with their Honda CVXs or Toyota Rav 4s in tow behind. It reminded me of those scenes in cartoons or movies where the elephants are marching slowly in a row, with their babies behind them holding onto their tails.

Each coach was exquisite and individual, with gold, brown, silver, blue, stunning metallic paint jobs and custom airbrushed pictures of lions, cheetah, jaguars and other regal animals in full view on the back of the motorhome. But what impressed upon me the most was that their extra vehicle matched their coaches paint job! They were color coordinated, just like a clothing outfit.

The scene served to remind me that there are so many wonders in this world, and endless possibilities available to enjoy them. You just have to get out there and do it. I hope that when Mr. B and I are older, like most of the drivers I saw today, that we too have the presence of mind, health, and the opportunity to pursue the adventures out there.

Family Motor Coach Association

No comments: